Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Laundry List...

Every year, one of my sisters hosts the other 7 sisters for a week end that we refer to as "Sisters Weekend".  Everyone comes in town to spend 3 days filled with food, gifts, fun and laughter.  It has become a tradition to bring some kind of gift, usually homemade, for the other girls. 

As a couple of examples, one of my sisters enjoys sewing; she enjoys making quilts so she will make things like neat fabric bowls, or beautiful quilted pot holders.  Another sister seeks out something unusual yet useful.  She is very thoughtful with her gifts and goes over the top in finding the perfect wrapping for the gift.  Another sister loves ceramics so she spends the winter months making every one a special item like a snowman tower for Christmas or a Platter for Easter - it is always something thoughtful as well.  You get the idea.  Anyway, I find it a challenge to figure out something creative and fun to give yet useful while not spending a fortune. 

This last year, my sisters received what I called a "Laundry Stain Basket".  Below is a picture of one of those baskets before I had filled the containers.  I never thought to take a photograph of the finished baskets but this will give you an idea of what they looked like anyway.
 
I included a bar of Felznaptha Soap, a bar of Zote Laundry Soap, a bottle of Peroxide, and a couple of spray bottles.  I filled some containers with Washing Soda, Baking Soda, a small bottle of white vinegar and Borax.   I included a couple of funnels, a couple of soft bristle brushes, a sponge, a scrubbie, a measure cup, the recipes for homemade laundry soap and I made a Natural Stain Chart and laminated it for them.  I found the cute miniature style laundry baskets at the dollar store as well as a couple of containers I used. They looked really cool.
 
Everyone seemed to like the basket filled with what I felt were useful items that would be useful to them.   
 
If you would like a copy of the stain guide, just PM me on YouTube and I will send you a copy. 
(I could not find any way to include it here!)
 
As always, thank you for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment